The Meeting Place

colorful sky and sun background

In my dreams
I often float to Neverland.

No fairies or pirate boys,
just a place where memories live.

Images once trapped in sepia tones
slip through the web of synapses.

The loving dead come visit me
as if to soothe my soul.

Their smiling faces calm me
into a deeper, softer sleep,

assure me, whisper to me
happiness exists here, on this side too.

12 thoughts on “The Meeting Place

• lillian October 21, 2015 / 10:37 am

Oh Susan, I truly appreciate your generosity in nominating me for the Blogger Recognition and One Lovely Blog Awards. It’s an honor to have fellow poets and bloggers enjoy my posts! I’d love to participate but have found that I must divide my time between this wonderful blogging world, time for writing, and time carved out for family. So with that in mind, I must pass on your kind gesture.

For me, I most enjoy my morning cup of coffee while chatting with folks via their comments — do hope you understand. And I sure do hope to see you again over my morning cup.
      Many many thanks!!! And so very glad you like my work!

Liked by 2 people

1. AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack October 21, 2015 / 9:53 am

Ah, the best kind of dreaming – ethereal – yet, comforting in its other-worldliness. ‘Tis a beautiful thing to dream of dear ones who’ve gone beyond visiting us… Lovely piece as always, my friend.
    Happy Wednesday, Lillian.

• lillian October 21, 2015 / 10:31 am

Tipping my morning cup to you, my friend! 🙂

• lillian October 21, 2015 / 8:51 pm

Many thanks … Ah your one word reply makes me very happy!

• lillian October 22, 2015 / 4:21 pm

…and the magic is anyone can close their eyes and float along! 😊

• lillian October 24, 2015 / 11:38 am

It is indeed a special place……and when I awake from these rare dreams, I always have a smile on my face. So glad you like it………and that you occasionally visit Neverland too! 🙂