Sevenling: Alliteration by Threes

and I wuv to whistle.

Musical melody makers
we pat upon pans,
yodel-lodel-lustily.

Silly songsters three!

11_13_55_prev

Click here to see and hear spoon playing! ย De, tending the bar at dVerse, asked us to write a Sevenling: two stanzas and a final line. Each of the two stanzas must contain something of threes. Decided to take the playful side today!

21 thoughts on “Sevenling: Alliteration by Threes

1. zdunno03 April 8, 2016 / 3:46 am

Clever poems and impressive spoon playing. And here all I’ve been using mine for was to eat.

• lillian April 8, 2016 / 6:26 am

Chuckling over my morning coffee at your reply here! ๐Ÿ™‚

• zdunno03 April 8, 2016 / 6:33 am

Glad I gave you something to chuckle about. Enjoy your coffee.

• lillian April 8, 2016 / 6:49 am

Decided to just go light with this one. It was fun to do. Did you know you can also play the comb with wax paper? You hum on it! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Grace April 8, 2016 / 8:17 am

I love the fun way of making music ~ I think its the company that matters after all ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Sanaa Rizvi April 8, 2016 / 9:09 am

Such a wonderfully light-hearted read ๐Ÿ˜€
    Beautifully penned Lillian ๐Ÿ™‚

Lots of love,
    Sanaa

• lillian April 8, 2016 / 11:04 am

Smiling I am. Glad you liked this little ditty! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Pleasant Street April 8, 2016 / 9:32 am

Every time my aunts and uncles got together one of them that could not play the guitar would be playing the spoons

• lillian April 8, 2016 / 11:05 am

It actually takes a lot of coordination and a great sense of rhythm too!

5. hypercryptical April 8, 2016 / 1:59 pm

Like it and can hear it!
    Anna :o]

6. Rosemary Nissen-Wade April 9, 2016 / 2:38 am

I imagined you playing with a young child. (My dad used to play comb and paper.)

• lillian April 9, 2016 / 9:40 am

Our kids did quite well in various musical endeavors and as parents, we were always asked, what instruments do you play? As in, with kids who are musically talented, you must be too! Our pat answer was always “I play the spoons and he plays the comb with wax paper.” Usually people would just look at us oddly — as in they were musical afficienados and didn’t have a clue what we were talking about. LOL as the initials go! ๐Ÿ™‚