Lovers

Sun slips into sea
tinging waters pink
as first love’s blush.

Their love, sowed and tilled
through leaving tears,
rekindled in this place

where sky melts blue
into waves of aquamarine.
Bodies meld familiar

then spark as old wick
stammers then flames,
passion reborn.

IMG_4059

Quadrille (44 word poem) using the word “melt” as prompted by Grace, tending the bar at dVerse, a poet’s virtual pub.  Photo: sunset from our deck in Bermuda.

33 thoughts on “Lovers

1. Snakypoet (Rosemary Nissen-Wade) March 22, 2016 / 8:36 am

A beautiful tale in a beautiful location.

Liked by 2 people

2. Grace March 22, 2016 / 11:00 am

Love the romantic & renewing love, as well as that spectacular photo ~ There’s spark in those old wick ~

Thanks for joining us Lillian and enjoy your last days in Bermuda ~

• lillian March 24, 2016 / 7:55 am

It is such a special place…..a beautiful muse. But a temptress too…..too late to the bar and tough to stay on the computer in all this beauty!

• lillian March 24, 2016 / 7:56 am

Ah yes…….write and then edit, edit, edit, edit. Perhaps we should learn that with our tongues as well! 🙂

• lillian March 24, 2016 / 7:57 am

Thank you Walt! Just getting back to my reading this morning…..nice to see your comment here! Happy I am.

3. Margaret Elizabeth Bednar March 22, 2016 / 3:55 pm

Every time I come here, I am reminded I desperately need a pedicure 🙂 And your poem makes me want to relive my May Anniversary along the oceanfront we took last year… sigh.

• lillian March 24, 2016 / 7:58 am

There is something about the sea, right? Glad you connected here.

4. AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack March 22, 2016 / 7:21 pm

Ah, Lillian-
    your sumptuous words paint a breathtaking image with or without the gorgeous image supplied (which by the way is gorgeous – did I say that already;))
    I’m feeling the Bermudian sun right here in my little NY basement studio

• lillian March 24, 2016 / 7:59 am

Bermuda is truly a beautiful place! You, as an artist, would love the myriad shades of blue that just all melt and flow into each other! 🙂 Just a few more days…………

• AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack March 24, 2016 / 8:09 am

Enjoy each and every last lingering day – I know you will
        after we get the kiddies off to travel it’s hot air balloon time;)

5. Anna March 22, 2016 / 11:39 pm

A beautiful sentiment and lovely location for rekindling the spark.

• lillian March 24, 2016 / 8:01 am

Yes…….it is sun-alicious, blue-alicious, and lovalicious!

6. Bodhirose March 23, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Seems that Bermuda has served many purposes…I love the rekindling and familiar bodies melding. A beautiful view too.

• lillian March 24, 2016 / 8:02 am

Tis a wondrous place. So glad you liked this one!

7. katiemiafrederick April 4, 2016 / 3:43 pm