Ganache

Ma cherie, mon amour, au naturelle
like dew drops upon rosebud petals,
champagne bubbles tickling my nose.

Sweet crème fraiche atop fresh picked berries,
whip cream dollups daubed scoop by scoop
on thick chocolat pâtisserie.

Quite simply put, my dear,
you are my ganache.

muffins-1308114

Quadrille (44 word poem) for Monday’s dVerse, and today, De Jackson our bartender at the pub, asks that we include the word “bubble.”  Photo Credit: Enrica Bressan.

45 thoughts on “Ganache

1. whimsygizmo February 22, 2016 / 3:44 pm

DeLICIOUS.
    I love that “ganache” can become “Guy Nosh.” 😉
    I’m hungry now, though. And I haven’t had refined sugar since August. Which makes you a bit of the devil, ma’am. But your words are so delicious, all is forgiven.

• lillian February 22, 2016 / 3:56 pm

OOOHHH….laughing I am! Yes, yes, yes……you got it! 🙂 So sorry (well, not really) for tempting you. I must admit, I did take my visiting niece to Sweet Sak Bakery on Saturday for an absolutely delicious cinnamon roll! This delicious bakery is literally a 3 minute walk from the apartment we are letting in St. George’s Bermuda till March 29 — AND they leave their door open and the aroma escapes out onto the street. Good thing it’s Lent — I’m allowing myself a trip inside their doors for one treat per week! 🙂 Looking forward to getting back to reading my dVerse friends…….great prompt! 🙂
      lillian

• whimsygizmo February 22, 2016 / 4:05 pm

Thank ya, ma’am. Bjorn is a tough act to follow, for sure. 😉
        I can smell those pastries…mmmmm.

2. Björn Rudberg (brudberg) February 22, 2016 / 3:56 pm

This is delicious… I love how you used alliteration.. .it so much accentuate the love in this… like a dance of sorts… and ganache sounds perfect to have as love (for real and metaphorically)

• lillian February 22, 2016 / 3:58 pm

Thanks, Bjorn. I tried to figure out how to use ganache as a verb……as in “you ganache me” …or “ganache me”…but settled with this and was happy with it. 🙂 Wonderful to have my niece visit — but now am back to reading and writing. Shall do my reading this evening! 🙂 Going out to enjoy the deck view of St. George’s harbor now.

• lillian February 22, 2016 / 5:28 pm

Ganache…..pastries…..me too!

3. summerstommy2 February 22, 2016 / 4:43 pm

Well Lillian you have made me hungry and as its breakfast time in my part of the world I shall go and eat. Excellent poem.

• lillian February 22, 2016 / 5:29 pm

mmmmm maybe a cinammon roll with frosting on top? 🙂 Thanks for the read and so glad you liked it!

4. ShirleyB February 22, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Hmm, yummy – I would have been even more mouth-watered but I just stuffed a whole box of malteasers 🙂

• lillian February 22, 2016 / 5:29 pm

one bite is never enough…….:) I have such a sweet tooth…is there’s something in the house, it’s not in the house for very long!

5. Victoria C. Slotto February 22, 2016 / 5:53 pm

Oh, dang–now I have such a hankering for une belle patisserie comme ca. When I lived in Paris I had no money and had to pass a Patisserie on the way to the Metro twice a day. Pure torture, it was.

6. Grace February 22, 2016 / 6:21 pm

Yummy words and picture too Lillian ~ Such a romantic setting you have weaved for us 🙂

• lillian February 23, 2016 / 10:13 am

Glad you liked it, Grace. 🙂

7. Bodhirose February 22, 2016 / 8:20 pm

I think you gave us all a craving for some kind of goody, Lillian…first with your words and then that photo! 🙂

8. Magaly Guerrero February 22, 2016 / 8:53 pm

Delicious food torture!

Love how well the image and the words go together. Perfect mood.

• lillian February 23, 2016 / 10:15 am

Thanks much for the read…..did not mean to torture so many souls…..sweets are my downfall!

• lillian February 23, 2016 / 10:15 am

One word says it all! Many thanks!

• lillian February 23, 2016 / 10:16 am

I have such a sweet tooth! My mom had “her” candy bar and I was never allowed to go in it as a child. The forbidden becomes the obsessed! 😦

• lillian February 23, 2016 / 10:17 am

ah…..sweets are always so inviting…but impossible to take just one taste! True love — my ganache!

9. Walt Wojtanik February 23, 2016 / 8:29 am

I assuredly would rather be the ganache than just this plain old “dip”. Quite appetizing as poems go. I grow stout on your words! 😀

• lillian February 23, 2016 / 10:18 am

Smiling I am. Yep — my spouse is indeed my ganache — even after 46 years 🙂

10. mishunderstood February 23, 2016 / 10:30 pm

C’est magnifique!
    Love the rhythm…..”whip cream dollups daubed scoop by scoop”

• lillian February 24, 2016 / 10:04 am

So glad…….a little dollop ‘ll do ya! 🙂

• lillian February 24, 2016 / 6:55 am

Yes indeed — it’s wonderful to be ganached! 😊

11. Snakypoet (Rosemary Nissen-Wade) February 24, 2016 / 6:56 am

What can I say, but – delicious!

• lillian February 24, 2016 / 10:05 am

I do love sweets! Ganache me anytime! 🙂

12. katiemiafrederick February 25, 2016 / 12:14 am

Chocolate petals
    of taste buds
    flow over
    dance
    of tongue
    in soothing
    songs of sugary
    nirvana.. cupcake
    bliss bubbles of heaven
    over flow as real for now..:)