10 thoughts on “Song Fest

• lillian December 5, 2015 / 5:20 pm

….and I should add, this did happen to me …. But I still love music and especially love to dance :).

• Vonita December 5, 2015 / 5:53 pm

I’m so sorry. My daughter (aged then 8) auditioned for the school choir and wasn’t accepted, and now she won’t re-auction, but she still loves to sing. I can’t understand why though didn’t just make a bigger choir!

• lillian December 5, 2015 / 5:56 pm

….I agree — especially at that age! If you celebrate Christmas, it’s a good time to put on holiday CDs and have household sing-alongs! 😊

1. Melinda Kucsera December 5, 2015 / 7:12 pm

Why didn’t she ever sing again? I’m clearly missing some implication but after reading it several times, I still don’t get it. It could be my sleep-deprived mind though.

• lillian December 5, 2015 / 10:48 pm

Well, clearly this was not one of my better efforts – just a little ditty. The idea is she was told to mouth the words so the group could win the fest — because she does not sing well. With her mouthing the words, they won. And she was so embarrassed to be asked not to sing, realized her voice was not good, so never sang again. Like I said, not one of my better posts. Ah well…..

• Melinda Kucsera December 5, 2015 / 10:54 pm

Oh, now I get it! I saw comments to that effect but I just couldn’t get it. Too little sleep I guess.

2. hlhivy December 13, 2015 / 7:13 pm

My elder son used to be very short = small strike zone. He quit playing baseball the year after he had a coach who never wanted him to swing because that small strike zone meant that he would be hit by a pitch every time he went to bat, automatic 1st base. But the kid comes from a long line of home-run hitters – and he knew- that coach didn’t believe in him. So, no more ball for us.

• lillian December 13, 2015 / 7:34 pm

Oh my. Hard to “Like” this. Isn’t it absolutely amazing the influence a teacher/director/mentor/coach can have? We always pray for those with sensitivity and kind hearts to be the ones who work with our children. Constructive hints and suggestions; expectations to set the bar high enough so there is a goal, and use of the mantra “Practice makes progress” rather than the stress inducing “Practice makes perfect” adage.