Old Woman?

I am an old woman
with the audacity to hope.
I shall wear purple
and travel to 1,000 places,
walk in the woods, eat, pray
and make love to a staggering genius.
I shall write letters from the earth
to all my friends above.
Tell them plain and simple,
at this age, the heart leaps
much higher than leaden feet
and I intend to do the long jump.
I will not stay off camera.
And I will settle for nothing less
than a raucous standing ovation
when I do decide to exit
center stage.

books 1 books 2 books 3 books 4

In the form of Found Poetry: Β created from book titles on my shelf – Β When I am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple, The Audacity of Hope, 1,000 Places to Live, A Walk in the Woods; Eat, Pray, Love; A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Letters from the Earth, Plain and Simple, and Off Camera.

October 31, 2015

18 thoughts on “Old Woman?

• lillian November 2, 2015 / 9:55 pm

Very happy to see your reply here!!

1. AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack November 2, 2015 / 11:40 pm

I am looking at, “When I Am an Old Woman,” right now on my shelf.
    What a marvelous springboard to write from – titles. And your reading collection – poetry waiting to happen…again and again…
    I love this piece, witty lady!

• lillian November 3, 2015 / 12:25 am

Very fun to do! :). Glad you liked it … Enjoying your comment with Chardonnay in hand. 😊 How was the birthday party?

• AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack November 3, 2015 / 10:39 am

The fun was oozing through your thoughts…
        Party was terrific. My mom was so very happy to be surrounded by family and friends πŸ™‚ Thank you for asking, Lillian.
        Happy Tuesday.

• lillian November 3, 2015 / 1:08 pm

Thanks so much sunnybrightdays —- love that moniker! Stop by and shine your light here again! πŸ™‚

2. JoHanna Massey November 4, 2015 / 11:05 pm

Here I am. Back to read this poem. I thought of it after a day when I needed reminding of how good being old is. Thank you once again.

3. MOMENTS February 16, 2018 / 4:42 pm

Original, creative idea with the book titles. Love how you are able to craft poems so easily.