Trippin’ through 100 Words

She got up on the wrong side of the bed
to a cacophony of sound.
Cats with top hats chased red booted unicorns
down the neon road
beneath her webbed feet.
Flamingos squawked,
slipping up a red licorice slide.
A bubble floated by
with Dorothy and Toto on a hammock inside,
stretched from one iridescent curve to the other.
She wanted to climb inside and lie down
or find some peppermint tea.
She licked her fingers
and slowly remembered
those funny looking mushrooms
on the other side of the bed.

IMG_2188

Photo taken on our Alaska hike through the Tsongas Forest.

11 thoughts on “Trippin’ through 100 Words

1. Melinda Kucsera October 28, 2015 / 8:12 pm

I love this line “stretched from one iridescent curve to the other.” it paints such a vivid picture of where that hammock is strung.

Liked by 2 people

• lillian October 28, 2015 / 8:17 pm

Thanks Melinda. That was my favorite line too. I love how bubbles are iridescent!

Liked by 2 people

• Melinda Kucsera October 28, 2015 / 8:20 pm

Me too! I get so excited when my I squeeze out some dish washing liquid and out with it floats a bubble!

2. BarbaraK aka fiddlbarb October 28, 2015 / 8:28 pm

I love this — both words and photo. What a fascinating mushroom. Wonderful photo of it.

• lillian October 28, 2015 / 8:58 pm

Many thanks, BarbaraK…so glad you like it. Alone like this and up close,, it looks like you can sit on it — it was huge but not that big. Somehow it fit with the immenseness of Alaska!

• lillian October 29, 2015 / 11:22 am

Love your response here! 🙂 Many thanks! Smiling I am.

3. AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack October 29, 2015 / 10:06 am

Morning Lillian,
    “Trippin,” is what you’ve done to my brain while reading this – I had all sorts of delightful characters pinging behind my eyeballs and tickling my toes! Adore this!
    Thank you for waking me up with a giggle!
    Happy Fursday!

• lillian October 29, 2015 / 11:25 am

mmmmm yes….well now I’m trippin’ with a little caffeine and enjoying your response! So glad you liked it. Always glad to provide giggles 🙂
      Rainy day here in Boston — good for the complexion!