Erotica, I Give in to Thee

The kiss
mouth probes deep
like humming bird
seeks the nectar of life.

The touch
skin to skin
gentle dancing fingertips
massage, caress, progress to joy.

No words
guttural moans and gasps
penultimate vulnerability.

Oh Erotica, I succumb to thee.
My body smiles, hums and throbs
as it melds into his.

Vector-Red-Lips

Word Press Writing 201 Final Day Prompts: Β the word “pleasure,“, sonnet (14 lines: stanzas of 4, 4, 3, and 3 lines — rhyming not required in contemporary sonnet), and apostrophe (speaker in poem addresses another person, a personified object or emotion). Β I’ve enjoyed the class!

21 thoughts on “Erotica, I Give in to Thee

1. Al The Author October 16, 2015 / 5:41 am

I’ve enjoyed sharing this class with you, and getting to “meet” you. Quick work on getting this written. Impressive!

• Shree October 16, 2015 / 6:12 am

Wondrous! Can’t help falling in love with your words….:-)

Liked by 2 people

• lillian October 16, 2015 / 11:34 am

Think you are responding to my Erotica poem? So glad you enjoyed it!

• Shree October 16, 2015 / 11:42 am

Yep yep :-)..I didn’t realize I was replying to the previous comment..

• lillian October 16, 2015 / 11:46 am

Smiling I am with morning cup of coffee in hand! Many thanks!

• lillian October 16, 2015 / 11:33 am

Thanks, Al. Son and grandson coming for the weekend so needed to finish last night (Ben’s prompt comes about 8 PM the evening before the day of the assignment – Boston time).
      Yes – I’ve enjoyed the class and especially getting connected to others who enjoy the world of poetry!

2. Misky October 16, 2015 / 10:18 am

Nice little sonnet that you’ve written here. Steamy, too.

• lillian October 16, 2015 / 11:42 am

So glad I signed up for this class for so many reasons! I tip my first cup this morning to you – and thank you for your compliments here. Looking forward to following your blog and hopefully more morning “chats.” Best wishes to you and enjoy your weekend!

• Misky October 16, 2015 / 11:43 am

And a very happy weekend to you, too, Lillian.

• lillian October 16, 2015 / 11:46 am

As the ole saying goes….thought I’d leave ’em thirsting for more πŸ˜‰ So nice meeting you in this class! Tippin’ my first cup of coffee to you – hope to see you many more mornings!

3. Annie October 16, 2015 / 12:07 pm

Oooh. Sexy. Glad to have met you, Lillian! I’ve enjoyed your work of art!

• lillian October 16, 2015 / 12:39 pm

Thanks, Annie! So very nice to meet you in this class…hope to continue “meeting” you like this 😊.

So glad you liked this one … It’s quite different from what I usually write — but that prompt “pleasure” and the end of the line….well, fun to end on a different note!

4. AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack October 17, 2015 / 4:45 pm

Wowza, Miss Lillian.
    And here I am feeling guilty for publishing a nude figure, when your intimate words are beyond “erotica” πŸ˜‰
    sexy stellar word styling here!

• lillian October 17, 2015 / 5:33 pm

Well…every once in a while ya just gotta let go! Was a bit worried when I saw what the pen wrote but thought I’d post it and hope for smiles rather than tsk tsks 😳

• lillian October 26, 2015 / 11:25 am

Ah….just now seeing your reply. Yes….sometimes the words just pop out of my pen. Must have been drinking especially hot coffee the morning I wrote this one…….or maybe it was after a second glass of wine in the evening? πŸ™‚ So glad you liked it!