Life Regifted

Angels here among us
dearest, stay with me.
Over and back you hover
return to earth my plea.
Extinguish not, like inifinity
deny death’s call and stay with me.

IMG_2239

This poem, dedicated to the love of my life. Life regifted for two years and many more: you came back to me. Thankful for every day. This poem is an acrostic: Β the first letter of each line spells out a message (Adored). Photo from on board ship on a Panama Canal cruise.

20 thoughts on “Life Regifted

1. empress2inspire October 6, 2015 / 2:31 am

Ah…such lovely words, filled my heart with love and emotions. Thank you so much for the post. Looking forward to more from your side.

Best

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 2:56 am

Many many thanks for your kind words. Nice to chat with you here and hope to connect again.

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 3:00 am

Thank you so very much for your kind words. Truly appreciate them!

2. Lissa A. Forbes October 6, 2015 / 3:21 am

extremely powerful. brought tears to my eyes and heat to my face. You definitely hit the mark, Lillian.

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 3:28 am

Many thanks, Lissa. It was emotional to write, but you never know if that will translate to the reader. I truly appreciate your response.

3. Karen October 6, 2015 / 4:24 am

Complicated–both life and the poem. Very good.

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 11:01 am

Yes, yes, and many thanks! Always nice to see a response from you here πŸ™‚

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 11:07 am

Many thanks for your words here. So glad you liked it. It’s always nice to see someone take the time to connect. Truly appreciated!

4. Annie October 6, 2015 / 12:00 pm

This is wonderful. Captures a lot of memories – I can feel the love. ❀

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 12:06 pm

Thank you so much Annie. I found using the acrostic form actually blocked my words rather than prompted them. But was happy with this in the end. Nearing the anniversary of this event – so thankful for every day.

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 3:05 pm

Many thanks. Always happy to provide a smile! πŸ™‚ And so happy to meet you through 201.

• lillian October 6, 2015 / 3:07 pm

Thanks, Lesley. It was a special one to write. Although I found the acrostic form a very difficult one….which seems to be the opposite of what poetry is supposed to be. But, glad it worked out.
      I always appreciate your comments — artistic as you are πŸ™‚