A New Day Dawns

FullSizeRender-3

And the sun shall break forth,
blush clouds pink then shift
seep tinges of deep warm reds.

A lonely gull sits sentinel,
witness to the changing palette
as waves stir the sands.

And somewhere a newborn cries
seeks her mother’s breast
as seedlings sprout in a monet garden.

For this is a new day to claim
cause and determination for joy
because we can.

We touch, we live to love
this day another,
thankful
together.

IMG_2454

6 thoughts on “A New Day Dawns

1. Karen Kordisch September 21, 2015 / 8:21 pm

A great sentiment.

2. AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack September 22, 2015 / 9:54 am

Hi Lillian,
    I’m sorry I’ve been a bit remiss of late. My brain has been squeezed almost dry with subbing 8th graders for several weeks in a row. I tell you I give teachers – both past and present (and future) – the credit of one thousand suns. You are to be commended. Teaching takes everything you’ve got, everyday, and then you must return and do it all again the following day…and the day after that… There is no – off.

Having whined to you (sorry) it has not been without purpose. The purpose – these beautiful and heart-recharging words here. I am taking your soothing words and these beautiful mind-calming images to the classroom with me today.

• lillian September 22, 2015 / 10:56 am

8th grade? Oh my. I once did an extended subbing job in 8th grade English and got to know the principal well – spelling hint: the principal is your “pal.” As a student I thought that was a lot of hooey but here…a bazillion years later, I always spell it right!
      But I digress — in a moment alone, after everyone else had finished their cafeteria meal, he said Well, no one agrees with my idea about what to do with 8th graders…..their hormones are going crazy and it’s the only thing they listen to — on the first day of school, herd them into a separate part of the building, lock ’em up, and let ’em out a year later!

After my experience, I’ve always thought junior high teachers should be the highest paid teachers of all!!! Bless you Ann Marie!
      PS: Macaroni and cheese day, during that subbing experience, was the only days I ate school lunch. Reason? It always came with a huge, homemade cinnamon roll! Guess what I ate? 🙂

• AnnMarie Roselli-Kissack September 22, 2015 / 7:26 pm

8th graders – yowza 🙂
        Well, I’m still alive and I guess that’s something;)
        Gosh, this subbing really gives me the incentive to really try to sell some art or some writing – anything!!!! 😉
        Ah, I’m right there with you on the cinnamon rolls and they go great with coffee, but I’m not telling you anything that you don’t know already. 🙂

3. hlhivy September 23, 2015 / 10:47 am

Love my 8th graders. They can sometimes be like mini seniors. Especially toward spring break- when they are confident that the younger ones are envious of their impending move to high school.
    Today I must try to edit some creative spelling and implore them to dig deeper – get them to see that their ability to use a phone is more important than the phone itself. Glad I stopped by for this wonderful inspiration first – thanks!

• lillian September 23, 2015 / 10:50 am

And from what you’ve written, I can tell you are an excellent 8th grade teacher. Takes a very special person to harness those hormones and young minds! Glad to offer some inspiration for the day…and thank you for all you do!