Scattered Dreams

I love this photo by dear friend, Alison Hofer. I think of the many times I’ve picked dandelions like this, and blown them into the wind……

Ali - Dandelion

She holds the watering can in hand
too late for dried wispy dandelions
swaying in the slight breeze
seed pods gnawed by nature.

Loosened tendrils float slowly
through thick humid air
like memories and dreams
slipping beyond her grasp.

8 thoughts on “Scattered Dreams

1. stewcarol April 4, 2015 / 3:30 am

You are really something else. Love your creative twist. And simplicity. Happy Easter Lill! He is (almost) risen!

2. lillian April 4, 2015 / 3:36 am

Thanks Carol! So nice to have you following me — I’m having fun with this! Have a joyous Easter!

3. alison April 5, 2015 / 9:59 am

Absolutely delicate and beautiful. So beautifully captured Lill. You love dandelions…even the name is a juxtaposition. Their seeds float off, have to land in the mud, they have to get well stomped in…then they blossom. Softest fluff turns into the lion of survival. What a life story huh?

• lillian May 12, 2015 / 3:19 pm

Apologies, Ali. I’m so new to blogging….and have just realized you have to hit the Reply UNDER someone’s comment for them to know it’s there…..I posted the Reply in a Reply to the poem itself, if that makes sense. So here’s what I said in response to you, just a few hours after you posted your reaction…”Yes! Never thought about the name but you are so right! 🙂 Love this comment. Thanks so much Ali!”
      Have a WONDERFUL day!

4. BarbaraK aka fiddlbarb May 12, 2015 / 1:49 pm

Thanks so much for this exquisite and poignant way to begin my day.

• lillian May 12, 2015 / 3:21 pm

Glad you like it……I love the photo and this is one of my favorite poems…
      lillian